Why.Charter with Narragansett Sailing Charters:
You will not find any of the large charter companies in New England as the season is too short for them to be profitable. What you will find are smart entrepreneurs who have carved out a business model to serve the folks who want to charter during the summer here. There is no standardization of charter formulas. So there ARE differences.
Here is how we are different:
- We have no extra fees other than a single turnaround fee
- We have the most varied fleet around including smaller 30' boats for charter and Catamarans
- We will rent for a weekend (but will only book weekends two weeks prior)
- All our boats have a dedicated slip where you can come and go as you please.
- We do captained charters as well as bareboat.
- You do NOT need to fill fuel or pump holding before returning
- We have dedicated, full time ABYC certified marine technicians keeping our boats maintained, so our boats are 100% functional when you leave.
- We offer a 20% discount for Low Season (High season is mid June- mid-September)
Our 12 boat fleet is large, and goes from 30’ to 42’ mono-hulls plus multi-hulls.to 45 feet
To be profitable we must charter by the week, and will hold out for that as long as we can. But if a boat is available we will commit to a three day weekend or a three day weekend; 2 weeks prior. Three day weekend is 70% of the weekly rate and three day mid-week is 50% of the weekly charter rate
Our charter base is located at a Brewer Yacht Yard with swimming pool, restaurants nearby, and adjacent to the east bay bike path. Narragansett Bay itself is such a wonderful place to explore many folks do just that, and can use the dedicated slip during their week. The marina here also has fuel and pump-out, so when you return we fuel her up, pump her out, and fill the water tanks. You just do your dishes, remove your garbage, pay for the fuel…and you are DONE! You can spend the last night at a nice anchorage and show up in the morning for us to do the rest!
We have two full- time ABYC certified marine technicians to maintain our fleet. Since they are maintained better, they you have fewer issues. Charter boats are used hard, but in eight years in business we have only had two occasions where a boat (on just one week) lost more than a day to mechanical trouble.